Teen Counseling Review
We write our honest reviews but we may receive compensation from the below providers if you purchase products or services through the links provided. Read more here
Introduction to Teen Counseling
Teenage years are marked by transitions, uncertainty, and different kinds of pressures. To cope with these difficulties, teens can avail themselves of counseling services, which come in different forms.
Teen Counseling is a website that connects teens with licensed therapists for counseling via text, video, or phone. In our Teen Counseling review, you will learn more about this unique platform, the ease of using the site, and how it works.
Pros and Cons of Teen Counseling
There are many pros and cons to the Teen Counseling platform. The service might be more suited for certain situations than others. Many teens have used the service and found help, but it is up to parents and teens to decide if online counseling is the right channel to use.
Here are the Teen Counseling pros:
- The service is easy to access for teens wherever they are. No special transport facilities are necessary. As long as the teen can connect to their sessions online, counseling can take place remotely through the dedicated app. Most importantly, it is easy to download and use.
- Every counselor on the platform is a licensed professional counselor (LPC). This means that they know their area of expertise well and can work with teens facing various issues in life.
- The platform has a number of experienced professionals who can help solve your teen’s issues. With over 8,000 counselors registered, the site has a large database. Some of them are skilled family therapists or licensed clinical social workers (LCSW). Most have master’s degrees and doctoral degrees. Family therapists understand family dynamics and how they can affect teens. Marriage and family therapists can work with teens to deal with underlying issues and improve their lives.
- Many of the counselors are mental health professionals who are trained to address the prevalence of mental health conditions in younger individuals.
- The screening process during signup is quite thorough. Once the teen or their parent has answered questions on the challenges and behavioral traits of the teen, Teen Counseling matches the teen with the right professional.
Here are some of the cons of Teen Counseling:
- The weekly cost might make counseling inaccessible to teens in lower-income families. Not everyone can afford the fee, and many insurance companies do not cover telehealth services.
- Technology is not always reliable. Poor connection and weak Wi-Fi signals can result in interrupted counseling sessions.
- When a teen matches with a therapist in a different city or state, the professional cannot always give relevant local suggestions. One example of this is when the counselor must make referrals to other local health services, but are not familiar with the area where the teen stays. We suggest connecting with a local therapist as much as possible if you can.
How to Sign Up to Teen Counseling
The signup process for Teen Counseling is entirely online. When you visit the website’s homepage, you have to select whether you are a teen or a parent. For teens, there are a series of questions to answer. These questions relate to who they are, what brought them to the site, and what their struggles are. The questionnaire takes only a couple of minutes to complete, and once it is completed, the page redirects to the signup page. Teens can either create a brand new private account using their email address or sign up with an existing Google or Facebook account.
The questionnaire for parents asks slightly different questions, and they must decide whether they are looking for parental advice or want to enroll their children in teen counseling. The questions concern the habits and behavior of the teens.
Once the parent or the teen has completed the questionnaire and the signup process, the teen is matched with a licensed, trained, and experienced counselor. After that, the counseling takes place remotely.
Much of the screening takes place during the questionnaire phase. The questions try to gather information such as the teen’s age, gender, parents’ information, home life, and personal struggles. Teens must also receive parental consent before using the platform, and this is enforced by sending a unique verification code to the parent or legal guardian before counseling sessions can begin.
Areas of Treatment
Online therapy through Teen Counseling covers many different treatment areas. Many teens struggle to handle stress and pressure arising from difficult school and home environments. Talking to a therapist can help address anxiety and stress, improve coping skills and self-esteem, and tackle bullying, depression, and anger. Eating disorders and a range of other mental health challenges can be addressed too. Talking to a counselor can help a teen to experience elevated levels of happiness, deal with stressful situations better, and improve their relationships and performance in school.
There are instances when online therapy at Teen Counseling is not suitable. According to the site, online therapy at Teen Counseling is not ideal for teens facing serious or urgent issues. If a teen is contemplating self-harm, alternative services and assistance must be considered urgently. The counseling platform is not the right place to find help for teens who are in any kind of emergency. Teens requiring counseling as part of a court order cannot use Teen Counseling to fulfill this requirement.
Video sessions and phone call counseling on Teen Counseling necessitate one to have access to a phone, computer, or tablet, in addition to a reliable internet connection. After reviewing TalkSpace, we understand that there is a lot more for trained counselors to do.
Teen Counseling is part of BetterHelp, which is a professional counseling service. Over 990,000 individuals have received assistance through Teen Counseling, and the platform continues to grow and expand.
Sessions with the counseling service take place live. A teen can either do a live chat session, a live phone session, or a live video session, depending on their preference. All of these require a reliable internet connection. Many teens enjoy using the chat option. The live sessions are also great and can be scheduled from the app. Each counseling session takes place in the user’s individual room, and this is only open to themselves and the counselor.
How to Schedule a Session
To schedule a session, a teen must have completed the initial questionnaire and be signed up on the platform and have received parental consent to get counseling. The next step is to subscribe to the service.
Counseling services are available as a recurring subscription service. Depending on what the teen’s parents agree to and are willing to pay, the range of prices for weekly counseling sessions falls between $40 and $70. The subscription plan has an unlimited access option. It is possible to cancel the subscription at any time.
Teen Counseling makes it clear that the company values and respects the privacy of its clients. Parents do not have access to the counseling sessions between the teen and the counselor. Email addresses submitted on the site are not shared.
The Teen Counseling customer support service is reachable via email or webform. To log a request or give feedback on the website, you have space to write a message and select the nature of your issue. You can also read more about what people have to say about using the service through the website or other review websites.
There are many Teen Counseling Reviews online. Like other therapy services, the platform must be scrutinized to ensure that it is helpful and not harmful to the teenager who is going through personal changes, which could be social, emotional, psychological, or mental.
Teen Counseling FAQ
TeenCounseling is an online platform for teens, ages 13-19, to get help from a licensed online therapist.
TeenCounseling online therapy services offer teens with affordable, discreet, and professional counseling via computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Every teen can benefit from having a professional counselor at their fingertips to discuss various everyday issues or any mental challenge such as coping skills, anxiety, depression, bullying, anger, eating disorders, etc.
Teens between the ages of 13-19, who would like to be able to talk to a counselor about personal issues, important goals, acquiring new coping skills, and feel healthier and happier may find TeenCounseling.com as a great fit for them.
TeenCounseling.com will not be a good fit for you if :
– You have had thoughts of hurting yourself or others
– You are in an urgent crisis or emergency situation
– You are required to undergo therapy or counseling either by a court order or by any other authority
– You do not have a device that can connect to the Internet reliably (computer, tablet, or smartphone).
Teen Counselling has a monthly billed plan, ranging from 40$ to 70$ – Your parent will be responsible for payment.
You will be able to cancel your membership at any time for any reason.
Our platform provides you different ways to communicate with your counselor, at your own space, time, and convenience. You can:
– Exchange messages with your counselor
– Live chat with your counselor
– Speak over the phone with your counselor
– Video conference with your counselor