How to Cancel Betterhelp?
Are you not satisfied with BetterHelp? No problem! Just cancel BetterHelp – we can help you delete your account.
BetterHelp is a popular online platform that offers online counseling services for any person struggling with depression, anxiety, or other types of mental disorders. The idea of remote therapy seems positive and beneficial in theory, but in reality, some people aren’t comfortable talking to a computer – even when they know it’s their therapist.
However, the BetterHelp cancellation policy has a specific drill for discontinuing the subscription. In this text, we will guide you on how to cancel BetterHelp subscription. What’s more, you can ask for a refund, but there’s a specific drill to it. Thus, you’ll get informed on how to claim a refund and what criteria you must fulfill to get the BetterHelp refund. So, without further ado, let’s start with the basics and then roll into the details!
Your Membership at BetterHelp?
There are two ways you can cancel your BetterHelp therapy: either through your account or online by contacting the Customer Support team. Both ways are super easy and quick, and only you’ll have to follow the email drill.
1st Way – Through Account
Here are the steps on how to cancel BetterHelp:
- Log in to your BetterHelp account.
- Click on the profile icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Select “Account Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Under “Payment Settings”, click on “Change Plan/Quit Counseling”.
- A pop-up menu will appear with different choices for changing your subscription. Select “Quit Counseling”.
- You will be asked to confirm your cancellation. Click on “Quit Counseling” again.
- You will be given the opportunity to provide feedback on why you are cancelling. This is optional, but it can be helpful for BetterHelp to improve their services.
- Click on “Submit” to complete the cancellation process.
Your subscription will not renew at the end of your current billing cycle. You will still have access to your therapist until your subscription ends.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when canceling BetterHelp:
- If you are currently in the middle of a session, you will need to cancel the session before you can cancel your subscription.
- If you have a monthly subscription, you will be charged for the current month even if you cancel your subscription before the end of the month.
- If you have an annual subscription, you will not be charged for any future months after you cancel your subscription.
2nd Way – Through Email
To cancel the program straight from your account, just contact customer support on this email – [email protected]. Then, in the subject type in REQUEST TO REMOVE MY INFORMATION AND CANCEL ACCOUNT. Then write an email where you’ll state the reasons why you want to delete your account. Be honest in your statement, as it might help the therapists in optimizing or improving the program.
If you want to cancel the program without your account, go to the official page. Afterward, you have the same drill as previously. Reach the customer support team, compose an email under the subject we’ve stated above, and ask them to delete your account. Also, you’d have to state the reason you want to cancel your program.
Best Way to Cancel BetterHelp If I Never Used It?
If you’ve never used the account, the best way to cut it out is online. It’s not that canceling through your BetterHelp account is extra hard, but it will save you some time while you log in to your account. Therefore, you know the drill. Go to their official website, reach for customer support, and compose an email. Easy-peasy!
Do I Get Refunds for Cancelling My Subscription?
Shortly – yes! Elaborately – there’s a specific drill. BetterHelp Terms and Use has rather detailed outlines regarding how to get refunds – which can be confusing. So, you must follow the steps below to get the BetterHelp Refunds.
- Explain Clearly – To get the proper refunds, you must have an eligible reason to ask for refunds. Thus, you have to state your reasons clearly.
- Inform the Support Team – You must inform the customer support team in the official email we talked about above.
- Stay Tuned – BetterHelp operates on a specific case by case basis. This means you’d have to stay tuned for feedback because the customer support teams must go through the entire case, bring a conclusion, and give you feedback.
- Feedback – In the feedback you’ll get the final verdict for canceling your account, and getting the proper refunds.
Of course, if you’re not satisfied with the feedback, and still consider getting the refunds back, you can call a manager to walk you through the entire process or open the case again. The telephone number is 888-688-9296.
Are There Other Options If You’re Not Happy with the Refunds?
If you manage to explain your reasons on the phone, then you might get one of the following compensations that come as an unsatisfying therapy experience.
- New Counselor/Therapist – As the first option, you might get reassigned to a new counselor. Of course, this choice depends on your preferences.
- Prolonging the Subscription – You can get a prolonged subscription only if you didn’t receive proper counseling hours from your assigned therapist, or if your therapist didn’t meet your expectations.
Wrapping up the BetterHelp Cancelation Policy
To sum up, if you were wondering how to cancel BetterHelp, you’ve come to the right place. Deleting your BetterHelp account is only done through the customer support team. You can contact the team through the official website, and compose an email to [email protected]. You must subject your email appropriately, so the customer support team can begin with their case-by-case basis.
On refunds note, you are only entitled to refunds if your cause is plausible.
The two plausible reasons to get a refund are if your therapist didn’t pay enough attention to your problems, or they didn’t meet your expectations. If your therapist abused the position and benefits of remote counseling, then you have hard evidence to get your BetterHelp refund.
Make sure you explain your situation exactly as it was, and the customer support team will take it from there. Also, note that each email gets evaluated, and the support team might need some time until they give you feedback.